Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies you or that will enable your identity to be reasonably ascertained (including your name and contact details such as your residential or postal address, email address, date of birth or your telephone number).
Please note that any information which cannot be reasonably linked to your identity (e.g. IP address, browser information, favourite websites) does not constitute personal information and is not regulated by the Privacy Act.
Foot Looker collects information about you and its other customers using the Services and the information collected may vary depending on your particular interaction with Foot Locker, but will be limited to the information necessary to record and manage Foot Locker’s interaction with you or as permitted or required by law.
- Information You Provide to Us. We only collect personal information from you when you provide it to us, such as when you: (1) register on our Website; (2) place an order; (3) complete a survey or product review; (4) participate in one of our promotions; (5) sign up for a Loyalty Program; or (6) contact us. The personal information we collect from you may include your name, age, mailing address, daytime telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, account user name and password, and payment information. If you use a third party login to register or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party (such as a social network) based on your registration and privacy settings on that third party service.
The provision of your personal information is entirely voluntary and you are entirely free to decide whether or not to give your personal information to us. However, you acknowledge and agree that if you do not provide sufficient or adequate information to us, we may not be able to provide you with a full range of Services or may not be able to fully assist you with your enquiry.
- Registration. Registration on our Website or App helps us to provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience. We encourage you to register when shopping on our Website or App; however please note that registration is not required in order to shop with us. Our Registration Form requires users to provide contact information (such as name, age, mailing address, daytime telephone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address and password). You must be 18 years of age or older to register or have consent of a parent or legal guardian. The personal information you provide will be used to contact you concerning the status of an order, answer your questions and, if you choose to opt-in, to send you communications about upcoming sales, contests, promotions and product information. Please note that you will be able to opt-out of receiving such communications at any time.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You are responsible for all use of the Website or App under your registered account. If you would like, you can also fill out a customer profile. While it is not required, personal information obtained from the customer profile questions helps us to learn more about our customers and is used to improve your shopping experience and to provide you with more relevant content and advertising.
- Tracking Options. Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you may adjust your browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of our offerings. Even without a cookie, you can still take advantage of most of the features of our Website, including making a purchase, but we will not be able to recognise you as a registered user unless you log in.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to provide you with more relevant online advertising based on your activities on our Website and third party sites. On our website we use the services of Google Analytics and Adobe Target for analysing aggregated non-personalised data. Foot Locker will not (and will not allow any third party to) use these services to track or collect or otherwise process any personal information of users of its Website. For certain service providers, such as social media platforms, and on your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or control whether you receive more relevant advertising.
We will not identify users or facilitate the merging of personal information with non-personal information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless we have your explicit notice and your prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to that identification or merger. Irrespective of your consent, we will not attempt to disaggregate data that Google reports in aggregate.
- Combination of Information. We may also combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us on one of the Services, information we automatically collect (as explained above), and information provided or collected offline when you shop in our Stores.
We may use the personal information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To process your orders, contact you concerning the status of an order, answer any of your questions, or otherwise contact and communicate with you;
- To provide you with a quick and simple checkout experience (if you choose to register on our Website or App);
- To provide you with customised content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, other websites or via text message, and to contact you about upcoming Foot Locker sales, promotions, and product information, from which you may opt out of receiving at any time;
- To allow you to participate in promotions and Loyalty Programs;
- To help us learn more about our Website visitors, App users, Loyalty Program members, and customers and to improve their shopping experience and our business;
- To address problems with the Service, our business or our products and services and to protect the security of the Website and our business;
- For payment processing and authorisation, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, website evaluation and data analysis, and distributing marketing and promotional material;
- To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property, or safety;
- To contact you about upcoming promotions and offers on behalf of our partners; and
- Otherwise, as described to you at the point of collection.
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Amongst any of the affiliates of Foot Locker within Europe in the countries listed
[here] • Austriaand the United States;
• Canary Islands
• Czech Republic
- To our service providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us. Our service providers will be under strict obligations of confidentiality and will be subject to the Australian privacy laws, including the Privacy Act;
- To carefully-selected third party partners, so that they may inform you of offers, promotions and services; and
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily upload or submit for public posting to the Service becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. It is a violation of the Service's Terms & Conditions for you to post any content that requests personal information from others on the Service.
We may share aggregate, de-identified information about Website users with third parties.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal information you provide to us. Where you have registered for a personal account, you can modify or delete information previously provided by you. Please go to the Website or App, log into your profile, and update your information using the options provided. You may also send a notice to us to request access to, or update, your personal information that we hold about you and you may also request for us to delete all such information that we hold about you in the same manner. Please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
We will endeavour to provide you with access to or delete your personal information unless we are prevented from doing so for legal reasons. If you elect to delete some or all of your personal information, please keep in mind that we may retain transactional data in accordance with various laws, regulations and our retention policy.
OPTION TO OPT-OUT/UNSUBSCRIBE
At any time, if you have opted in for receiving future e-mail marketing updates, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe link” in the emails you receive from us. You can also send an email with "unsubscribe from newsletter" in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that even though you have unsubscribed you may continue to receive non-marketing e-mail messages from us, including, for example, order confirmations.
Foot Locker is concerned about the safety of children when they use the internet. We do not direct the Website or App to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of sixteen. We believe that children should get their parent's consent before giving out personal information. If you have not yet reached the age of 16 years, your parents will have to consent to submit personal information to us, including to register or place an order on the Website or App or participate in one of our online promotions and/or you placing an order. If you are concerned about your child's use of www.footlocker.com.au we encourage you to use web-filtering technology to supervise your child's access to the site. Please see our Terms & Conditions for additional information regarding the use of this Service.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Whilst no internet transmission or data storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all times, Foot Locker has implemented all reasonable physical, administrative and technical security measures to protect against unlawful access, loss, misuse or alteration of the information you provide. When we collect data through the Website, we encrypt your personal information, including your credit card number, when transmitting over the internet using encryption technology Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding, to safeguard your internet transactions. Foot Locker uses facilities in Germany and the United States to process, store and backup information.
You are strongly recommended not to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Foot Locker cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide will be secure at all times and you agree that Foot Locker will not be held, and you must not hold Foot Locker, responsible for unauthorised access to personal information where Foot Locker has taken reasonable steps to protect and secure that information.
You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your devices including computers and mobile phones.
DESTRUCTION OF OBSOLETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information that is obsolete and no longer required will automatically be destroyed, except where required for data or statistical analysis purposes. If it is used for such purposes, the personal information will be de-identified.
If you have any concerns about how your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed, and you wish to make a complaint about a possible breach of applicable privacy laws, you can contact our Privacy Officer as set out in the "Questions/Contacting Us" section below.
The Privacy Officer will investigate your concerns and take any necessary steps to resolve your complaint. In so doing, Foot Locker may need to contact you if it needs further information to investigate your complaint and will advise you of the outcome of the investigation as soon as it is completed. Foot Locker will endeavour to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days after receiving your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, you can contact Foot Locker to discuss your concerns or you may complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through our Services to our affiliates in countries outside of Australia listed
• Canary Islands
• Czech Republic
If you provide any personal information to Foot Locker, you also consent to the transfer by Foot Locker of your information to such overseas affiliates and the servers of the overseas affiliated or their hosting partners, in the Netherlands, Germany and in the United States. However, this does not change any of Foot Locker’s commitments to safeguard your privacy to the standard required by the Privacy Act.
Foot Locker Australia
PO Box 2206
Mansfield QLD 4122
Links to Other Websites
This Service contains links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or apps. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the privacy policies posted on any external website or app that you access through this Service. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such external websites or apps. Foot Locker does not endorse any externally-linked websites or apps, or the information, materials, products or services that are contained in or accessible through such external websites or apps. Foot Locker disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information, materials, products and services that are contained in or accessible through externally-linked websites or apps, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that Foot Locker is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites or apps and that the access or use of any such linked websites or apps is solely at your own risk and you hereby waive any and all claims against Foot Locker with respect to such externally-linked websites or apps.
Copyright Notice © 2017 Foot Locker Australia Inc, ARBN 089 717 251. All rights reserved.